So over in the Little Four Eyes facebook group, there’s been a suggestion to make a kids who wear glasses day – tentatively named “International Children Who Wear Glasses Day.” It would be a word of mouth, unofficial day to celebrate our kids in glasses and patches, a day to raise awareness.
Some ideas for things that we could do on that day include:
- have t-shirts for our kids (or us – or both) to wear
- plan meet ups to meet other parents nearby who have kids in glasses
- post pictures and stories of our kids in glasses to facebook and other sites
- raise funds for eye exams and treatments / glasses for families that can’t afford it
We were also trying to brainstorm catchy slogans for our day …
- “International Children Who Wear Glasses Day”
- “Don’t make a spectacle of children who wear glasses.”
- “Glasses – helping our children to look good and see better”
- “Spectacular kids in spectacles”
- Glasses – they’re not just for “looks”
- “Children in glasses are a true vision”
- ” Children in glasses are a beautiful sight”
- “Little peeps’ peepers”
So…thoughts? If there was a kids in glasses day, would you be interested in participating in some way? What ways? Any clever ideas for a catchy slogan?