Updated, June 2, 2013: I’ve added photos at the bottom of this post that have been submitted from this community. Because of the way the photos are organized and displayed, there is no way for me to link directly to the page that a photo is currently on. You’ll need to page through to find the photo you like best. Please consider voting for one of these! You can vote for one photo each day.
If I’ve missed your photo, please leave a comment or email me (email@example.com).
It’s time once again for the Children’s Eye Foundation‘s annual photo contest for their Eyecare for Kids calendar. I really believe that our kids can be great advocates for children’s visual health and that they’re also undoubtedly good-looking enough to win photo contests, so I would really, really like to get some of our Little Four Eyes in this calendar, and I encourage you all to vote for entries with kids wearing glasses or dealing with vision issues.
If you enter a photo of your child, leave a comment with a link to the page with photo, and the title of the photo. I’ll add the links to this page so others can find it easily and vote for it if they wish.
Eye Care for Kids Photo Contest details
- Sponsored by: Children’s Eye Foundation
- Contest is for: Photos to be used in the annual fundraising “Eyecare for Kids” calendar
- Who can enter: Anyone
- Prizes: Top 10 vote-getting photos receive a digital camera; A panel of judges then choose 12 photos to be featured in the 2014 calendar.
- Theme: The theme for the calendar this year is “Sights of the Seasons.” With this in mind, entries for this contest should be “photographs involving children, eye care, and/or the beautiful things that clearly show different seasons throughout the year.”
- Submit a photo: Only one submission per household
- When can you submit: Any time between now and September 20, 2013
- Voting: Voting is live now, and runs until September 27, 2013. You can vote for one entry every 24 hours
- More information
Photos from our Little Four Eyes community
(if you don’t see your child’s photo, let me know in the comments, or email me firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll add it).
Julia is entered in the contest. She is “Fall Fun” in her pink miraflex. Thanks!
Kaylee is entered . Kaylee flower picking
Scott is on the top of page 4.
I entered a photo of Grady!
I just entered one – it is Wyatt (21m)!!
Stewart is in this too. He’s the little pumpkin on page 6