I’ve been collecting a pretty random list of links to articles, websites and blogs about children and vision and vision problems and other related topics, with the intent to post and share them, but I keep getting distracted by other things – like trips to the eye glasses store, or just how cute it is when Zoe tries to clean her glasses. But I have no excuses now, which maybe tells you a bit about my current life and lack of things to do on a Friday night, but ah well.
(this list is in no particular order)
- Impact of Computer Use on Children’s Vision – from the American Optometric Association. Zoe doesn’t do anything on the computer now, but given her parents’ habits, I’m sure she will at some point. I found the information and advice here to be thoughtful and really helpful.
- Maino’s Memos – a blog a Professor of Pediatrics/ Binocular Vision at the Illinois College of Optometry, and Doctor of Optometry. His blog collects links to research on children’s vision, developmental disabilities, and other topics, and often include his own comments on the topics.
- Bright Eyes – another blog, this one by an optometrist in Florida that discusses news, new developments in vision care and other topics. There are categories for Children’s Vision, and Infant’s Vision with some very interesting posts.
- Infants Fine-tune Visual, Auditory Skills in First Year. I think cognitive development in children is fascinating, and this article in Science Daily, explains about how children’s vision is tuned in their first year to specifically differentiate between those things they’ll run into the most (ie human faces and voices and sounds).
- Babies with glasses – a site for parents and families of kids with glasses. They have a variety of tips and tricks, FAQS and a forum, though it doesn’t seem to be very active at the moment.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!