Thursday is Thanksgiving in the US, the day that we pause for a moment to give thanks for all that we have. But I feel like starting a bit early. So in the spirit of giving thanks, here are a few things that I have to be thankful for:
- That Zoe’s vision problems were caught early, are treatable, and are being treated.
- That we can afford to pay for her glasses (two pair, even), for prescription changes, new frames, and for her regular exams.
- That I have had the chance to meet (even if mostly only through the computer) so many wonderful people through this blog, and I have learned so much.
- That Zoe is not particularly hard on her glasses, and has not attempted to bend either of her current frames into an unrecognizable shape.
- That somehow, against all odds, we have not lost any of her glasses, not even her sunglasses.
- That Zoe now puts her glasses on herself, and reminds me to put my glasses on.
- That there is a good children’s eyeglasses shop only a mile away, staffed with people who are kind, and willing to do many, many, many glasses adjustments for us.
- That at Disney World, when we went to our second 3-d show, Zoe reached for the image once. She completely failed the 3-d vision test at our last appointment in May, but I have hope that it’s beginning to develop.
- That glasses today are so dang cute!
I’m sure more will come to me in the next few days. What are you thankful for?