I’m trying to figure out what a word means
I just found out my child needs glasses, and I don’t know where to start. I don’t even know what to ask…
What happens at a child’s eye appointment? How should I prepare?
What do the numbers on my child’s prescription mean?
How do I find glasses that fit my child?
- Good fit is extraordinarily important when it comes to glasses. Take a look at our guide to finding glasses that fit your child well.
How will I get my child to wear glasses?
- While every child is different, consistency, staying positive, and finding a way to distract your child seem to be the key ingredients. Also know that it can take time, but it will happen. Read more…
When are glasses normally prescribed?
- Prescribing glasses is an art and a science, with many different factors at play such as whether a child’s vision is different the each eye and whether their eyes are aligned and how well they’re functioning. Read more…
How do eye doctors get an accurate prescription when a child can’t talk or read an eye chart?
- There are a quite a few ways, both subjective and objective, to test a young child’s vision. Read more…
Is there a simulator that lets me see what my child sees?
- There are vision simulators, but vision is very difficult to simulate accurately, especially based on a glasses prescription. Read more…
Since getting glasses, my child’s eyes now cross even more when her glasses are off. Are the glasses making things worse?
- This is one of those questions I wish eye doctors would discuss more. Short answer, it’s normal. Read more …
What should I do to make sure my child care provider can help with my child’s glasses?
How do I find a good place to buy glasses?
How can I teach my child to take care of his or her glasses?
- Guide to taking care of your glasses (written for kids).
How do I explain glasses to my child?
- Explanation of how glasses work (written for kids).
How can I get my child to wear an eye patch?
- Patching is very difficult, we have a couple of guides to look at. This one is a general one. This is specifically for toddlers. This one looks at strategies for patching full time.
Can my child wear contacts?
How can I get my baby or toddler to wear contacts?
- I’m going to send you to Eye Power Kid’s Wear who has a great post on Infant Contacts 101.
How do I prepare for my child’s eye surgery?
Should I leave my child’s glasses on when we’re breastfeeding?
- Totally up to you. We did a poll, and it’s pretty evenly split.