Welcome to the Little Four Eyes list of blogs. Each blog listed is about children in glasses in some way (even if the blog covers other topics as well). I have tried to list the main vision topics after the title of the blog. In some cases, I may add a little bit more information about the blog. The lists are alphabetical by blog title.
This is a work in progress! Please let me know if anything is out of date or wrong! If you have a blog, or know of a great blog that should be listed, please let me know! I’d love if you could include the URL, the name of the blog, and what vision issues it covers.
This list of blogs is split in to two parts, the first are personal blogs about having a child (or children) in glasses or with vision issues. These are usually written by parents of children with glasses, and while they all post about glasses and vision issues, most post about topics as well. The second section is for blogs by eye care professionals or others in the field of vision. The blogs that are included in this section do write about children’s vision issues, but also post about other vision or optical topics.
If you have a blog listed here (or even if it’s not), check out our Little Four Eyes badges for your blog.
- Personal blogs about having kids in glasses or vision issues (usually written by parents)
- Blogs by eye care professionals about children’s vision
- Other blogs of interest blogs related to children’s vision that don’t fit in the above categories.
~ ~ ~
Personal blogs about having kids in glasses or vision issues
(usually written by parents)
- Adventures in Amblyopia – amblyopia
- Baby with Glasses – cataracts
- Behymer Business – cataract, amblyopia
- Billy’s Journey with Amblyopia – amblyopia
- Carrots make you blind?!?! – cataracts
- Cataracts, contacts, and patches…oh my! – cataracts
- Christopher’s Eyes: Life’s Difficulties In Dealing With Congenital Glaucoma – glaucoma
- Eye Can’t Hear You – Usher syndrome, hearing and vision loss
- Eye Power Kid’s Wear – General information about glasses, patching, contacts.
- The Glovers – cataracts, amblyopia.
- Is this a Boardinghouse or Something? – amblyopia, strabismus
- It’s a Pirate’s Life for Me – cataracts
- Jack’s Journey – cataracts
- Journey to our VBK Family – amblyopia, strabismus
- Just James – nystagmus, rare chromosome disorders, particularly chromosome 18
- Kadydid designs – amblyopia.
- Kids get Arthritis, too – uveitis, amblyopia, cataract. Her vision issues are related to Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
- Life and Times of Stella – amblyopia, strabismus, vision therapy. Written by Amber, one of our contributors.
- Life with Joel and his Eye – persistent fetal vascular syndrome (PFVS), microphthalmia, prosthetic eye
- Life’s Journey – still waiting for diagnosis
- Mommy, Ever After – strabismus. Written by MommyEverAfter, one of our contributors.
- Navagating – cataracts
- One take on Life – astigmatism, amblyopia
- Our Journey with Strabismus – strabismus
- The Outlaw Dances and Midnight – strabismus, amblyopia
- Parent of a Child with Albinism – albinism
- Patch Land Writings –amblyopia, strabismus
- Patches, camo and other random thoughts – PHPV
- Raising Reid – strabismus
- Say What? – amblyopia, astigmatism
- See the Distance – persistent fetal vascular syndrome, cataracts, amblyopia, glaucoma.
- Seeing Josh – ectopia lentis et pupillae
- Sight Restored – cataracts.
- Stewart Snippets – cataracts, hyperopia (two kids, two different reasons for glasses)
- SuperJuicyChicken – glaucoma.
- Thomas Marshall Does It All – microphthalmia, persistent fetal vascular syndrome, glaucoma
- Toddler Eyes, Interrupted – strabismus.
- Tommy’s Eyes – cataracts.
- Violet’s Journey with Hydrocephalus and Microthalmia – microphthalmia, persistant fetal vascular syndrome
- Vision is a Gift – cataracts. This blog is private and requires an invitation. Email email@example.com for an invite.
- Walk Beside Me – amblyopia, strabismus.
- W Family – esotropia, strabismus
Blogs about children’s vision by eye care professionals and others in the industry
- Bjort & Co – amblyopia. Written by the creator of “The Eye Patch Kids” DVD
- Bright Eyes News & Updates – optometrist, vision therapy. Written by Dr. Bonilla-Warford, who I interviewed here.
- Children’s Eyeworks – a site devoted to children’s and infants’ eyewear. The blog features interviews with some of the glasses designers.
- Discovering Vision Therapy – vision therapy, amblyopia, strabismus
- Dr Lea & Children’s Visions – pediatric ophthalmologist, visual development. Written by Dr. Lea Hyvärinen, a Finnish pediatric ophthalmologist. She may be most well-known by people here as the developer of the LEA symbols (the pictures of a house, an apple, a circle and a square that are commonly used as an eye chart for children).
- Eyes on the Brain – vision therapy, visual development. Written by Dr. Susan Barry, professor of neurobiology and author of Fixing My Gaze.
- Ficklets – general children’s vision, glasses accessories.
- Kids’ Eyes Online – information on children’s vision and eye health, written by Monica Wright, an orthoptist.
- Mainos Memos – pediatric optometrist, vision therapy. Written by Dr. Mainos, a Professor of Pediatrics/Binocular Vision at the Illinois Eye Institute/Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, IL.
- Orbis – international vision charity
- Prevent Blindness Georgia – general children’s vision.
- Seva Canada – international vision charity
- Woven with Pixie Dust – children’s author. Written by the Pam Calvert, author of Princess Peepers, and Princess Peepers Picks a Pet.
- The VisionHelp Blog – vision therapy.
Back to the top
~ ~ ~
Other blogs of interest
- Babies with iPads – documents infants/toddlers with disabilities using an iPad to promote their development. Includes children with visual impairments.
- The Independent Little Bee – Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) for children with vision impairments.